NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. Promotion Period: The Life Improvement Project Promotion (the "Promotion") begins October 12, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends August 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period").
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of IKEA (the "Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively the "Sponsor and its Administrators"), and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
3. How To Enter: During the Promotion Period, you can enter the Promotion by visiting www.thelifeimprovementproject.com (the "Site"). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete all required registration information and submit one (1) of the following depicting your Life Improvement Project: A 750 character Essay (the "Essay") and your choice of one of the illustrations on Site; OR An Essay and upload your own photo (the "Photo"); OR an Essay and upload a Video (the "Video"), (collectively, the "Submission") for the chance to receive one (1) Weekly Sweepstakes entry into the corresponding weekly drawing only, and the opportunity to be judged a Monthly Prize Winner for the corresponding month only (collectively, the "Entry"), based on the winner determination terms described in Section 5. Entries will not be carried forward. The person completing the registration will be deemed the entrant (the "Entrant"). Any person other than the Entrant appearing in the Photo or Video must provide consent. All individuals depicted in the Photo/Video must be 18 years of age or older. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the Entry. The Entry must: 1) be complete to be eligible; 2) photos must be .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp format, no larger than 5MB; 3) videos must be submit via a YouTube link and must be uploaded in accordance the YouTube terms of service (http://www.youtube.com/t/terms), no longer than one (1) minute; 4) photo/video must be the property of the Entrant and those depicted. Any Entry not in compliance with the above, the Entry Requirements set forth in Section 4 below, and any other requirements of these Contest Rules, will be disqualified. In such an event, the Entry, including without limitation any photo/video submitted, will be removed from the Site. By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted online for consumers to view on the Site or other Sponsor-selected sites. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posted photo(s) or video(s), in its sole discretion, even if the photo/video has already been made available to the public. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries are not eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, invalid, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. If multiple accounts are used by the same person, such person's Entries may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Limit of one (1) Entry into the Weekly Sweepstakes per person per email address per week. A "Week" is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET on each Monday during the Promotion Period and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET on each Sunday during the Promotion Period, with the exception of the first week of the Promotion which will begin on Thursday, October 11, 2012 and end on Sunday, October 21, 2012 and the last week of the Promotion which will begin on Monday, August 26, 2013 and end on Saturday, August 31, 2013. All Entries must be received by August 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.ET to be eligible for the final Weekly Sweepstakes Prize drawing and the final judging. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service will apply. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Contest Rules will be disqualified.
4. Entry Requirements: In order to be entered into the Promotion, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. The Entry must depict the Entrant's Life Improvement Project. The Entry may not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate content, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, or trademark may not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an entry submission qualifies as an Entry. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. Entrants and winners acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit without additional compensation, notice, review or approval by entrants and winners. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Contest Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted.
5. Voting/Judging for Monthly Prize Winner Determination: All Submissions will be posted to the Site for viewing/Voting by the general public. Visitors will have the opportunity to Vote for their favorite Submission by adding a Life Improvement Project to their personal ‘favorites list' within the Site (the "Vote"). Each Month, each Entrant's final score will then be determined as follows: the Sponsor's score from the Judging will determine 80% of each Entrant's final score and the number of Votes received by each Entrant during the Monthly Voting will determine 20% of the Entrant's final score. The two (2) Entries with the highest final scores will be deemed that Month's potential Monthly Prize winners. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be judged by Sponsor, based on the judging criteria listed below, to determine the Monthly Prize winner. Each Month, the Essay included in the Submissions received for that Month only will be judged by the Sponsor and a panel of judges determined by the Sponsor, based on the following judging criteria: 25% Originality, 25% Most Inspirational Project, 25% Relevance to Theme, 25% Best Overall Concept. Photos and Videos will not be judged. Decisions of judges/Administrator are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Monthly Prize winners may be notified by phone/mail/email. Please Note: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail accounts or other tactics to enter or Vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated Entries and/or Votes will be void. Entries or Votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial Contest subscription, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and Entries or Votes by any means that subvert the Entry/Voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Contest Rules will void the Entry/Votes and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining Votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting Votes on behalf of entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade Votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated Votes may be void and such entrants disqualified.
6. Weekly Sweepstakes Drawings: Ten (10) Weekly Sweepstakes winners will be selected on or about each Monday following the end of each Week, in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received during that Week (460 Weekly Sweepstakes Winners total). The random drawings will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the "Administrator"), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of becoming a Weekly Sweepstakes Winner will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during that Week.
7. Prizes: Monthly Prize (22 total, 2 per month): A $500 IKEA gift card. Weekly Sweepstakes Prize (460 total, 10 per week): A $100 IKEA gift card. Prizes will be shipped within three (3) to four (4) weeks after winner selection/determination. Gift cards are subject to restrictions and expiration dates may apply. Gift cards are valid in IKEA US stores only. IKEA is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards. All Prizes will be awarded as long as there are enough eligible Entries received for each prize determination/drawing, and the winners may be notified by phone, mail and/or e-mail. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. Prizes may be substituted for any reason at the discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winners (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence), if applicable.
8. General Rules: Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection/determination. Winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Contest Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Winners and all Entrants give permission to use their names, likenesses, and Submissions for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; violates the Contest Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the Monthly Prizes from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation and conduct the Weekly Sweepstakes random drawing from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of entering the Promotion, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs.
9. Winners: For the names of winners, available after September 30, 2013, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by October 30, 2013, to: The IKEA Life Improvement Project Promotion Winners, P.O Box 7999, Melville, NY 11775-7999.
10. Sponsor/ Administrator: The Sponsor of the Promotion is IKEA North America Services LLC, 420 Alan Wood Road, Conshohocken, PA, 19428 The Administrator of the Promotion is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.